Thursday, April 26, 2007

Bit of a Note

So I've been stumbling around the blogosphere after my foray into podcasts, and I'm finding some fun people to read. I'm a little self-conscious about commenting on their posts and asking if I can link to them from my humble little blog, but maybe the more people I read and comment on, the more comfortable I'll be and more integrated I'll become. Or somethin'. I dunno. I'm new to this craft-blog thing. Any advice for a noob? Anybody?

Moving on, I've got a new project. It's been driving me nuts that I can't find or figure out a pattern for a spring scarf that I want. I need to do this though because at Cloverhill I got some glorious wool and sari silk blended yarn that really needs to be a frothy, semi-froufrou spring scarf. I've decided to screw the idea of patterns and just start crocheting freeform and see where it goes. I have a general idea of what I want, and beyond that... I'm just gonna scrumble my way through. So there. I've gotta do it while I have the desire, because I'm wildly and ADD-ishly eclectic right now.

Seems to me I promised pictures. So here we go, the yarn I spun for Mom even though I'd bought the roving for myself ;P




Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
"Lavender Fields" by C*eye*ber Fibers. Navajo plied to keep the colors distinct. I'm tempted to keep it for myself anyway :P What do you all think? I crave feedback!

Well I'm off to start my scarf. Or maybe spin a while. I've started the "Ocean Mist" and it's a dream. So many projects, so little time!

2 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Oh, wow... that spun up beautifully!

And no, Turtlegirl isn't the one you met on the way to Stitches - that was Betsy (stitchcounter.blogspot.com). But you'll meet her at Sheep and Wool!!! Next weekend! Woohoo!!

Gryphon said...

I don't think anyone expects you to ask whether you can link to their blog - you're certainly the only person who's asked me!
Hopefully Erin (Mama E of C*eye*ber Fiber) who dyed that roving will be joining our picnic at Sheep and Wool, so you'll get to meet her. Isn't her stuff lovely? See you there!