Friday, June 22, 2007

Presents!

My man is wonderful. See, we've been having a bit of a rough spot, as people do, and he felt maybe we need to get back to the romance and the sweet little things that we used to do for each other but let slip recently. So I come home from work to this:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

He had taken his afternoon after work and run around accumulating things for me to enjoy on my evening that I'd claimed all for myself, and sneakily dropped it off at my house before I got home. My man is wonderful.

And so this week's yarn pr0n is going to be from the gift basket. It's Lion Brand Homespun in Gothic. Who knew humble Lion Brand Homespun could be so beautiful? Maybe that's the sentimentality in me talking.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I confess, I like Homespun. A lot. It's just so damn cozy. And the two skeins of it that my wonderful man gave me today are going to become something warm for football season. Which is only two months and... 15 days? away. Go Ravens!

And, just an update: I spun a skein of yarn on Ford today! Spun, plied, and cabled! The cabling was a pain, because I got it snarled right at the beginning, so that made the whole process difficult. But it turned out almost completely balanced. Yay! I'm withholding pics until Handspun Monday.

Also, I'm starting to feel pretty down on myself as an aspiring designer. I haven't designed much of anything in a while. I certainly haven't been particularly productive in crochet or knitting. Mostly in spinning. There are projects that I need to finish on a deadline right now, and then I've got a to-do list as long as my arm. The problem is, only two or three of the projects on said to-do list are originals. I was going to write up a pattern for Gryphon, but I didn't because I wasn't pleased with the prototype. Now I might have another one I can do for her, but I don't know if it'll work and I need to actually get to doing one up, and frankly I'm terrified that it's going to turn out to be not so brilliant after all. Argh.

That's it, I need to stop ranting and go to bed. Just gotta focus on my presents and let it all go. Because my man is wonderful.

2 comments:

Trillian42 said...

Aw! How sweet is that!

And about the designing - just remember that you don't have to have something going at all times to be a designer. Maybe your mind needs the break with spinning for a little while to come back refreshed.

Gryphon said...

Sorry to answer your comment here, but I can't seem to find your email. Anyway, you don't have to work out every detail of your design to submit it! If you have an idea you think will work, send me something, we can hash it out together.

Tilli Tomas is lucky to have me?!?!? You're a nut, but a very sweet one!

RE Renfest booth help: It's the 2008 season we'd be aiming at, if we even get a spot, so I have no idea yet what will be. But if we do need help, you'll be hearing from me! Do you know of any largish SCA events that might need a fiber booth?