Thursday, July 26, 2007

Road Trip Swag

One of the things I like about my job is that it requires me to travel around the state occasionally. Whenever I go somewhere for work, I've started finding a yarn shop in that town. So last week, I had to go to the Eastern Shore, so I found a yarn shop listed where I was going, and my coworker and I stopped in on our lunch break. Oh dear.

I spent quite a lot of money.

It was worth it, though! Look at this wonderful yarn I got, which comes from a company based on the Eastern Shore!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

The company is Blue Heron Yarns, and their yarns are fabulous.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And shiny!!! In a subtle way...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I couldn't resist buying it. Fantastic stuff. I think it's going to become some sort of capelet or cowl.

Tomorrow I'm going with a friend to another yarn shop over there across the water, so we'll see if I have anything new to post next week...

1 comment:

AK said...

Will be interesting to see how that knits up, it looks lovely. I can see how you couldn't resist. You are so lucky. We have a real shortage of good yarn shops here. Most only stock 'standard' yarns. We have to shop online if we want anything a bit special such as you have just found. We used to be spoilt for choice but knitting went out of 'fashion' here and is only just making a come-back.