Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Stars and Stripes Forever

Happy Fourth of July! I love this holiday, because it's the perfect reason to enjoy summer. Celebrate our freedom by having parties and barbecues and fireworks? Of course! Because we can! That's the point! It's awesome. (To be fair, I do also try to keep in mind why we can. Also the point of the holiday.) After all, freedom is the right of all sentient beings. (Points if you get that reference...)

But today is also WiP Wednesday, and since I missed Handspun Monday, I'm gonna get this one. Late, I know, but hey. I've been busy. We've had people here. Including small ones. Adorable small ones. Even my man found them adorable. But now that all our friends have gone home, I've taken pictures of my slow progress on the blanket for the newest small one. No stars, just stripes...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

And by the way, we brought the important small one upstairs with her mommy to see the awesome painting job that her daddy did in our yarn room, and of course she was fascinated with Merriweather. I'll make a spinner of that little girl, just you wait... muahahahahahaha!!!

And now, if my neighbors ever stop setting off fireworks, I'm going to sleep. G'night!

No comments: