Monday, October 22, 2007

OMG! Spinxx0rz!

Wait, what? I spin? No way! Cool!

It's been far too long since I've had a post for Handspun Monday. But lookie! It's Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Now, I know I mentioned the FABULOUS roving I got from Kid Hollow Farm at Stitches. It's called "Fall Harvest." Looks something like this (and thanks to Pam you can now click on the pictures to get them full size):

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Closer look? Okay, here ya go:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Yum. It's like pumpkins and grapes and vines and Autumn all in one pack of fluffy goodness.

Well, it was such fluffy goodness that on Sunday, yes last Sunday, the Sunday of Stitches weekend, less than 24 hours after I bought said roving, I sat down at Merriweather and didn't leave her until I had this:
Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
(Shown here in my lap, with my Halloween pyjama pants on :))

I didn't worry about which direction the twist was going, or how much fiber I was letting through, or how thick or thin it was, or consistency, or any of that stuffy stuff. I just let the roving spin as it wanted to, and let Merriweather start in whichever direction she wanted to spin in. It was a very organic process, and so refreshing. It actually made doing the work I had to do last weekend much easier. And I can't wait until I have time to do the same thing over again. I refuse to spin this stuff when I only have a few minutes. It's a whole bobbin spun, plied, and skeined or nothing. Cos I mean, really, just look at it.

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

It's a meditation.

4 comments:

turtlegirl76 said...

Cheater! It's still Sunday! :D I actually have something for tomorrow too but I have to take pics in the morning. I've got my spinning Mojo back.

So you spun in whatever direction it wanted? Sounds very cool. Can't wait to see it swatched.

Pocket Size said...

Fixted!

And yeah, I just pushed down on one of the treadles, and whichever direction she spun in, that's the direction I kept it going!

Trillian42 said...

Oh, it's lovely!

I need to get my mojo back... I haven't done any spinning in ages.

niersgalerie said...

-test-