Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Red Woolen Muffler

It's spring and the days are not only getting longer, they're getting warmer too. But that's no reason to stop working on this:

tumnus2-2

It's my Tumnus Scarf, version 2.1. Version 2.0 was a gift for a very dear friend, but this is the same stitch pattern, with the addition of two stitches of garter stitch at each edge. Dunno if that'll help the tendency to roll at all, but there it is. If you recall, I'm working this one in the real thing, the yarn from Stansborough Fibres :) I've had some difficulty settling on a needle size, which is why I have so little done right now, but I've finally found a satisfactory size, so I'm going with it. Should be a quick knit. I gotta keep with it though, because my new deadline for it is May 16. Why May 16, you ask? Scroll up. Yes. I have to wear it to opening day. I know Tumnus isn't in Prince Caspian, but still. It's Narnian anyway. Yes, I am aware that this is an illness. But I can think of worse things than Narnia-itis.

1 comment:

Megan B said...

Actually I believe Narnia-itis is an enjoyable disease most people live with and have no discomfort or ill side effects. I personally have lived most of my life with it and it has enhanced my life completely. And let's all pray they don't come up with a cure. :) I love love love that yarn! Mmmmmmmmmmmmm *imagines petting it repeatedly*