Monday, May 12, 2008

Handspun Heaven

So, last weekend was Sheep & Wool. Two days at the Mecca of fiberness. My bank account is a li'l bit thinner now, after my sacrifices at the altar of wool and fiber tools, but I am very pleased. Allow me to show off a bit (warning: photo heavy!):

My biggest splurge, the Golding spindle lazy kate:
kate3

I finally decided that I'd regret not buying it more than I'd regret buying it. As you can see, it also serves as a spindle display stand. Meet the two newest members of my growing Golding family:
rosette2
cross2

I can't resist. It's a good thing I saved up thru the month of April. Too bad I didn't save longer.

I also managed to score a Moosie from Journey Wheel. *drool*
moosie1

The shaft is bocote wood. Stripey!
moosie2

Which brings me to the handspun part. What's on the Moosie is merino from Gale's Art, in Cherry Blossom. I couldn't resist, started spinning it Saturday after the festival, and it's been riding around in my purse ever since, just in case.
cherryblossom2

Nom.

I also have now finished the Earth and Sky colored merino that I'd been working on. Unfortunately Flickr is being a bitch and is giving me trouble with the uploading thing, so pics will have to wait, but I can tell you about it. It's soooo squishy :) Me likey. In fact, me LOVES. Love love love.

...And now there's room on my wheel for Blue Moon Fiber Arts Sheep 2 Shoe. In Valkyrie. Oh. My. GOD.
valkyrie4

valkyrie2

Is that black enough for you? And yet, not at all black? It's colors! But it's black! But it's colors! I love the Raven Clan. And not only is it beautiful, but if you could feel it thru the screen you'd find that it's the softest thing you've ever felt. It's merino, but it feels like camel. It's the butter of the fiber world.

Yep, I'm a little busy. But happily so. But stay tuned, because tomorrow I will bring you the scarf promised in my previous post...

4 comments:

Maryanne said...

Your pictures came out really well. I love the pictures of the Golding spindles.

Anonymous said...

I can see why you are in heaven, what gorgeous spindles. I have never been able to get along with them and prefer my wheels but with ones as beautiful as yours I would be pleased to just have them to display.

turtlegirl76 said...

Wow. The spindles. The singles. The roving. The black. I dunno what to drool over first!

Trillian42 said...

Buh... wha... When did you buy the lazy kate? And the spindles? Sneaky little thing!

Gorgeous stuff. And I agree on the Gale's Art - I'm FINALLY spinning successfully with a drop spindle, and I firmly believe that it is partly because of the excellence of the GA roving.