Thursday, August 14, 2008

Going for Gold

A little late with this post, but guess what? I'm in the Ravelympics! Went ahead and joined Team TARDIS, because seriously, the Doctor is made of Win. Check it out:

Running:
Rose_379

Equestrian:
The_Girl_in_the_Fireplace_560
(I'm a little bitter that the Dressage final was not televised in its entirety... The one year I actually remember to try and watch it!)

And should marathon cabinetry installation ever become an Olympic sport, you know he's got it covered.
The_Doctor_Dances_111

As for me, I have entered the Shawl Relay (about the closest you're gonna get to me running) with the Triangular Shawl by Doris Chan and one other event but we'll let that one slide for now, hmm? Okay. The shawl is kinda stalled out right now. We'll call it a rain delay. Got a little confuzled with the pattern cos I didn't have the first row erratta with me when I started it so I had to muddle through myself. And since then I haven't had the chance to get back to it. Not entirely sure that I like the yarn I'm using for it. Really don't want to have to frog it and start over with different yarn though. We'll see. I'm about to work on it now, actually, and we'll see how the second row goes.

So, Ravelympians and spectators, it's time to get back to it. Allonsy!



*Screencaps from Sonic Biro, Doctor Who-ness property of BBC, etc.etc.etc. If I had come up with this stuff, I wouldn't be working where I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Luck with the shawl. Keep us updated and we'll cheer you on.

Anonymous said...

Now if only the Olympics would officially recognize competitive ballroom dance, The Doctor would be IN!