Friday, December 24, 2010

Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas and everything else, pocketeers!  I finally finished all my wrapping and all my gift tags for the year.  The tags might be better than the gifts this year.  I went with my library theme, and the "title" on each borrowing card is a slight hint as to what's inside.  Wanna see?  (I promised some people I'd post them, so just go ahead and say "yes.")

For Dad, the first one I finished:
 Yep, there's that deer again.  For his present, even the deer has to do with the present. 

And then my sister-in-law's.
 Lots of Tim techniques here.  The little Facet, the Stickles...
I love that Santa stamp.

This one is for my brother:

 I used Tattered Angels masks on this one, and another of those Inkadinkado stamps.  And my bi-color ticket stamp pad.

Then for Mom, because she loves retro Christmas (being the Christmas of her childhood), I used one of Tim Holtz's holiday stickers on grungeboard as a centerpiece:
With a Sizzix holly die, lots of Distress Ink, and LOTS of Perfect Pearls.


Finally, for Alex, I went back to the snowy blues and silvers, with some new stamps and an old favorite:
Three guesses as to what I was watching while I crafted these.  Here's the hint:
(It's a lamppost.  In the snow.  And this is me we're talking about.)

I used the new Vagabond to cut the swirls and such that I put behind/around each pocket.  Just thought it gave them a more finished look.  And it was an excuse to play with the new machine :)

I hope you all are having beautiful Christmasses with your families and whoever else is close to you.  And if you don't celebrate, I hope you're having a good day anyway.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

I love your package labels. You are really very clever...hints to what's inside, indeed!