Thursday, October 18, 2012

Thursday Theme: Autumn, take 2

Festive Fall Wreath!

I'll be honest, I didn't really plan much for this week's theme, and I'm still focusing on Autumn anyway.  On top of that, I've been down again and thus haven't done much art in the past week, but I did start a couple of tools yesterday.  So there's not much to show, but here's what I've got, still celebrating Autumn!

Mom and I have been positively gaga (not Gaga) over the Halloween papers from Authentique, including their sheet of stickers.  We almost never use stickers, but these were an exception.  Well, they've also released papers and stickers for Autumn in general and Thanksgiving.  So Mom got some of them, and let me take some of the stickers.  Naturally, I chose the acorn ones:

Mmm... squirrel food!

Don't know what I'm going to use them for yet, but I've been wanting to play with acorns in art, so these just give me something else to play with :)

There are a couple of other things I've had planned for a while but never really sat down to work on.  The first is a border stencil and mask set.  I ended up cutting it from a sheet of acetate that I nabbed from reports I had to discard at work.  I probably should've used my stencil burner, because cutting it out with the scissors drove me bonkers, but eh, too late.  Here's how it came out:

A whole little forest of mushrooms...

The other plan is for a stamp, and I spent a while trying to get it just right.  I still need to tweak the design a bit, and then scale it down to a size I'm likely to use.  But here's a sneak peek:

So revealing, I know...

I'll keep the full design a surprise.  You'll see it when I start using it.... muahaha.

So that's it for this week.  A bit short, I know, but like I said, I didn't have much, but I wanted to keep up the routine.  I'll do better next week.  As a consolation, here's a squirrel:

He's digging, so all you can see is his tail.

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

I love you're stencil/mask! You really are good at drawing those adorable little mushrooms!