Thursday, January 31, 2013

Thursday Theme: Destiny

"Voices in the air
I hear it loud and clear
Telling me to listen..."
 
This week, pocketeers, I have no art to show you.  Work has been getting only busier, and while I've gotten to dabble with a couple of things, there's nothing I think is worth showing off yet.  And besides that, there's been one preoccupation I've had all week...
 
THE RAVENS ARE GOING TO THE SUPERBOWL!!!!!
 
Pic from 2009 playoffs.
 


The closer it gets the more excited I am :)  I even did a temporary blog makeover to honor the occasion.  The lyrics at the top of this post are from "Invincible" by Machine Gun Kelly. Not a song I would normally listen to, but it's the soundtrack to the splash video that's up this week on www.baltimoreravens.com.  And when you read the lyrics, it really does seem written for Baltimore, especially the line about "the city of people who came from the bottom."  Baltimore has its problems with poverty and crime and all that big city stuff, but it is a proud place, and they've been waiting for this for a few years, knowing it would come.  With this Superbowl run, the Ravens have had a lot to say about "destiny."  To be honest, a lot of it does seem preordained, if you believe in that sort of thing.  And one thing Baltimore does well is believe. 
 
Somewhere along the line, Ray Lewis, the team hero and spiritual leader, started quoting Isaiah 54:17:
 
No weapon formed against you shall prosper,
And every tongue which rises against you in judgment
You shall condemn.
This is the heritage of the servants of the Lord,
And their righteousness is from Me,”
Says the Lord.
 
That's something to believe in.  I'm hoping the Ravens win, but what I know I believe is that it's going to be an awesome game. 
 
I leave you with a video, which I hope you'll watch because it's really fun.  There's a couple who have been doing Ravens parody songs, and their "Bring on Brady" went viral when they posted it before the AFC Championship game.  For the Superbowl, they've posted two new ones, but this one is a little clearer:
 
 

 
GO RAVENS!!!

1 comment:

Maryanne said...

Love the purple!!! That header is great! Go Ravens!