Thursday, August 22, 2013

Thursday Theme: Schnippy Schnappy



Bunch of small projects this time, and a really short post because I'm exhausted.  While we were in Germany, Mr. Pocket's youngest uncle showed us (and let us taste) his homemade schnapps, and then explained that it's not that hard to do.  No need to set up a still, you just use fruit and sugar and store-bought clear grain alcohol that's not too strong.  So with the abundance of delicious Summer fruit around, we've been experimenting with different flavors, and it's been a delicious experience.  But of course, we need some way to tell all the bottles apart.  So I've been making little tags as labels.  Here's the tour of the fruits of our labors... :)
 
Strawberry on the left, and red currant on the right.  Both fruits from my mother-in-law's garden.

Wild raspberry... mmm...
 
Blackberry, made with blackberries from a local farm stand.

More of some of the same flavors - red currant, wild raspberry, and blackberry - portioned out for my parents.

For flavors that aren't ready yet:  peach, plum, and more strawberry.


3 comments:

Maryanne said...

I love your labels. The colors are so rich, matching the beautiful colors of the schnapps. Really cool!

Unknown said...

Love the color patterns. Dresses up those bottles perfectly. My favorite is the one on your wild raspberry flavor with the plum circles a close second.

Diana Taylor said...

Ooh, sounds really delicious - I had no idea it was that easy! I love the gorgeous and vibrant co-ordinated labels - it looks like you've got your Christmas gifts organised?